1) Wash zucchini well
2) Dice zucchini into chunks, leaving skin on if baby is 8 months or older
3) Steam or boil zucchini till tender
4) Puree in preferred appliance
* No added water should be necessary as zucchini is a very watery vegetable
5) Serve immediately or allow to cool and store
I like to serve zucchini to Lorenzo with rice cereal, or a starch, because zucchini is so watery. It’s great to add as a thinning agent, and as an extra flavor, to foods that are too thick.
As with most other homemade baby foods, you can make a bigger batch and freeze. I like to use the Baby Cubes for freezing because the portion sizes are very convenient.